Students and staff of Northwestern can breathe a little easier.
A natural gas-like odour was detected in the school earlier today, prompting school officials to immediately contact Union Gas.
A crew was sent to the school to determine the source of odour. Officials determined there was no danger to students or staff members. They discovered the source of the odour was a faulty regulator in a roof top heating unit.
The regulator is being replaced and the building will operate normally for the remainder of today and for tomorrow's Professional Development Day activities.